. MAIN GALLERIES – YEARS OF EXHIBITIONS :
- Permanently :
GALERIE 2016, Hauterive, Neuchâtel, Switzerland
PLEXUS ART GALLERY, Clarens/Montreux, Switzerland.
- Galerie NUMERO 1, 54 Av. La Motte Picquet, Village Suisse, Paris 15 (Mai 2015)
- Galerie MONA LISA, 32 rue de Varenne, Paris 7 (Mai 2015)
- Galerie Numéro 1, Paris, France (Mars 2015)
- Art Crans-Montana, Montana, (VS) Suisse (2014 – 2015)
- Galerie PERBET, Annecy, France (2013 – 2014)
- PLEXUS ART GALLERY, Clarens/Montreux (VD), Suisse (2013 – 2014)
- Galerie EN BEAUREGARD, Montreux (VD), Suisse (2011)
- Galerie de GRANCY, Lausanne (VD), Suisse (2006– 2007– 2009- 2010)
- Galerie BLEU DE CHINE, Fleurier (NE), Suisse (2007)
- Galerie PICPUS, Montreux (VD), Suisse (2006)
- RAMADA PARK HOTEL, Genève, Suisse (2005)
- Galerie RYTZ, Nyon (VD), Suisse (1997 – 1998 – 2001)
- ART COHEN AG, Zürich, Suisse (1995)
- EUROTEL, Montreux (VD), Suisse (1993)
- Galerie MOTTE, Genève (1992)
- Galerie DU HAMEAU, Verbier (VS), Suisse (1992)
- Galerie de L’AVENCON, Bex (VD), Suisse (1989)
- SALON D'AUTOMNE 2016, Paris, France (Octobre 2016)
- ARTOULOUSE’EXPO, Toulouse, France (Mars 2015)
- SWISS ART SPACE, Lausanne, Suisse (Juiller 2014)
- MONTREUX ART GALLERY, Montreux (VD), Suisse (Novembre 2012)
- SIAC, Marseille, France (Mars 2008)
- AAG, Genève (Novembre 2008)
- INTERNATIONAL ART FAIR, Palexpo, Genève (2007, 2008)
- Salon d’Art Contemporain, St-Galmier, France (1999)
- Palais des Congrès, Montreux, Suisse (1990)
Dominique Hoffer as a teenager will see confirming two firm passions both of an uncontrollable need for freedom: the aviation and the painting. The aviation will focus all her energy, at first. Dominique will obtain her licenses of professional pilot and will exercise her profession within Swiss and South African airline companies.
In 1988, the time has come to begin her artistic route. Dominique gives up her cockpit, adopts a big easel and exchanges the control stick for the handle of the brush.
From now on, she lives and works in a small village of Canton de Vaud, in Switzerland.
Encouraged very fast by a numerous clientele developed thanks to the exhibitions in galleries, art shows, visits of studio, Dominique dedicates herself totally to her work, tries to realize in two dimensions her dreams ceaselessly renewed, to sharpen her sense of the diverted realism, to exploit her own surrealism: “I try to create an atmosphere, I install my elements in improbable situations and treat them in a realistic way. I try to obtain a surprising image, in which the look of the spectator is going to be captivated by the strangeness, without ever the boredom settles down…”
Her ideal urges Dominique to use of glacis, 3 to 4 layers of colors, appropriate varnishes and to extend the image on the four sides of the canvas. The art of Dominique Hoffer is not a simple walk on a white surface, it is the result of an every day’s fight: “Sometimes, in the course of work, I have to face the facts: such element does not suit to me anymore, is badly placed, or then something, desperately is missing…. A battle makes a commitment then, to restore the disappeared harmony. I consider my painting to be finished only when no more doubt comes to disturb my vision of departure”.